We need friends!
In addition to traditional volunteering roles, we would also like to build up a network of 'friends' who are willing to share our tweets and facebook updates, display our posters and leaflets or even distribute them and be open to completing the occasional survey.
There is no time commitment involved in becoming a friend, we would like to chat with you - either face to face or by phone, so we know you understand our work and our values and what we are hoping our 'friends' can do for us. We will then take some contact details, and keep you updated on what we are doing. You can then choose to share and promote as many or as few events, campaigns and research activities as fit in with the rest of your life.
You can choose to only be a friend or you might want to occasionally help out with an event. Email us to find out more
You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for a minimum of 1 hour per week or 4 hours a month. The role could be mainly done from home outside office hours, if preferred.
Purpose of the role
- To publicise the work of Citizens Advice Fareham.
- To let people know the benefits of volunteering at Citizens Advice Fareham.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Going to external organisations to promote Citizens Advice Fareham - this could be by giving a talk or speaking to the manager and leaving posters, leaflets etc.
- Revamping current publicity materials.
- Writing press releases.
- Developing links with the local media.
- Writing a Local Office newsletter.
- Developing the local office website and keeping content lively and up to date.
- Using social media including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.
Personal skills and qualities that a media /publicity worker needs:
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service and its equality and diversity policies.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to develop links in the community.