We have a drop-in service, no need to make an appointment, just turn up
Our Opening Times: Monday to Friday 10:00 until 16:00 & Thursday Evening 17:00 - 18:30
The building is wheelchair accessible, with a lift .
We are next door to the multi-storey car park, and Shopmobility are based in the ground floor of the car park.
We are located:
1st Floor of Fareham Library
We are closed for staff training until 12:30 on the following dates:
- Wednesday 20th March 2019
- Thursday 18th April 2019
- Friday 17th May 2019
- Monday 17th June 2019
- Tuesday 16th July 2019
- Wednesday 21st August 2019
- Thursday 19th September 2019
- Friday 18th October 2019
- Monday 19th November 2019
- Tuesday 17th December 2019
What happens when you come to our office?
You will be welcomed by one of our lovely receptionists who will ask you a few brief questions before you see an adviser. These include, "Have you had contact with a Citizens Advice Office before?" and "Are you returning about the same issue?". These questions are asked so we can allocate you to the correct type of adviser. The receptionist will never ask for your name or any details of your issue as this would be a breach of confidentiality in front of other clients in the waiting room.
We have an initial checking service, where an adviser will find out a brief overview of what you have come in for help with. They will get enough information from you to decide whether the help you need is:
- Information that can be obtained from our website - if so, they will ask our receptionist to assist you to access that information at our digital kiosks in the reception area
- Information that may not be on our website, but can be provided simply, by the initial checker.
- Something that needs you to come back for an appointment
- Something that an adviser can help you with today
This system means:
- We are able to ensure that people who have a simple query are seen quickly
- People who may need to come back with more information are told what they will need to bring without having sit and wait for too long at first.
- People who do need a full advice session today don't have to wait as long.
- We are able to help more people, in less time, which makes us happy too
What we do with your information