Find information about consumer issues on the national Citizens Advice website
Use the Hampshire Trading Standards Buy With Confidence Scheme - All the businesses on this website have been vetted and approved by Trading Standards to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way.
Hampshire Trading Standards can also offer information and advice about scams, door step crime, no cold calling zones as well as guidance about buying goods and services.
Call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline and tell them you want to report a trader to Trading Standards.
The consumer helpline will assess your problem and pass it on to Trading Standards if it's appropriate, if, for example:
- they misled you into buying their products or services
- they sold you unsafe or dangerous items
- they didn’t carry out the work properly, for example, their work left your home in a dangerous state
- they sold you fake or counterfeit items
- they pressured you to buy something you didn’t want to buy
- they sold you a car that wasn't 'roadworthy' (it would cause danger if it was on the road)
Telephone: 03454 04 05 06
Textphone: 18001 03454 04 05 06
Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Closed on bank holidays.
Be prepared to tell the adviser details of the problem and the company’s name and address.
Want to drop in and see us about a Consumer Problem? Here are some things you should try and bring with you:
- full details of the goods or services causing the problem
- copy of any contracts or credit agreements
- any recent letters about the problem
- proof of purchase - such as receipt or credit card slip
- proof of your income - wage slips, benefit letters, tax credits.