with a donation
Citizens Advice Fareham is an independent local charity. We rely on the support of a range of funders including local government, charitable trusts, companies and individuals to provide our services for local communities. With their support we are able to help our clients to resolve many of their problems, be it housing, employment, relationships, debt or benefits.
All local Citizens Advice face challenges because our funding is unable to keep pace with the demands for our services. Like all charities, we are truly grateful for the support and generosity of members of the public.
We rely on grants and donations to maintain our core activity and implement new projects - to deliver the kind of modern service needed today.
Our service is free and it is important our clients never feel they are under any obligation to make a donation.
We depend on our funding to train more volunteers (80% of our staff are volunteers), maintain access to information systems that ensure our advice is always accurate and up to date and to keep pace with the changing needs of our local community.
We put every penny of donations we receive to good use helping people in your local community:
- £7 funds one volunteer per day, who will in turn help at least 4 people with their problems
- £15 funds an hour of generalist advice
- £30 supports an outreach worker to visit an elderly client at home.
- £180 helps us to support a family in debt to avoid having their home repossessed.
- £1,500 funds the training of new CAB volunteer adviser.
- £1,000 could buy an interactive advice kiosk to enable people to get advice in outreach locations like community centres, doctors surgeries or libraries
How to donate
If you would to make a donation to support our work you can do so in the following ways:
You can make a donation by cheque, made payable to Citizens Advice Fareham , and send it to:
The Operations Manager, Citizens Advice Fareham, 1st Floor, County Library Building, Osborn Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7EN
Please remember to include your name & address so we can acknowledge your gift.
You can also make secure online donations using your credit or debit card via our Big Give page
Making Regular Donations
Because we are a small charity, we do not have the facilities to operate direct debits. However, if you would like to donate regularly we can send you a standing order form. Please email us to request a form