Purpose of the role
To help ensure the smooth running and organisation of the bureau, supporting the advisers and management team.
We have varied administration needs, and our administration volunteers who show a particular interest in different areas of our work can take on particular projects.
These can include promotions and marketing administration - including designing posters and leaflets, assisting with financial record keeping & data entry, maintaining asset management records, or providing administration support for Research & Campaigns.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Updating databases and information systems.
- Photocopying & scanning
- Taking minutes at volunteer staff meetings.
- Answering the telephone, taking messages where appropriate.
- Monitoring & ordering stationery and other necessary items.
- Completing research and campaigns forms.
- Ordering and organising leaflets.
- Maintaining client records
- Recording statistical information
- Checking answerphone messages
- Logging incoming and outgoing post
- Monitoring the Administration email account
Personal skills and qualities that an office administrator needs:
- A commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service.
- To be organised and systematic.
- Be confident with IT systems and able to learn new software packages with support
- An understanding of the importance of Citizens Advice work.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Administration Volunteers are encouraged to attend monthly volunteer staff meetings to keep up to date with all aspects of the operation of the local office.
- Citizens Advice Fareham is open to members of the public from 10:00 am-4:00 pm Monday to Friday and volunteer administration cover is needed during these times. Hours worked are negotiable usually a minimum of one half day per week.